Zen and The Art of Inquiry, an annual three day residential intensive
Easter weekend, Friday April 16th through Monday, April 19th, 2021
Commonweal Retreat Center, Point Reyes National Seashore, California
Cost: $600, vegetarian meals and snacks included, free airport pickup
Private rooms are first-come first-served
There is limited space, so it is best to apply as early as possible. This annual intensive is intended for adults who are choosing to participate in this intense activity and are sincerely committed to enlightenment through inquiry, contemplative silence and communication in safety. Read the website content for more about the intensive purpose.
Here's how to register... Apply to attend this upcoming intensive by answering the questions below. When you've finished press submit. Or if needed you may simply email the answers to all questions on the form by number and email to [email protected]
If this is your first intensive with Pitaka, enclose a small recent photo of yourself. You will receive confirmation of your registration within 24 hours. Pitaka may choose to interview you by phone.
Full payment is required to reserve your space, it's easy using the Paypal link, or write to request a partial work trade job if you need one. It is important to read the website content and this complete page for full details.
I am requesting to attend the up-coming three day residential intensive, Easter weekend, 2020.
1. My full name and name I prefer to be called
2. How I heard about the intensive
3. My marital status, gender identification
4. Phone number
5. Spiritual orientation, religion if any, philosophy, yoga/meditation practice or related study
6. State of physical and emotional health, any medications? side effects?
7. Are you willing to refrain from the use of drugs, alcohol and smoking at anytime during the intensive, including before arrival?
8. Do you have a history of addiction, depression or mental illness? (when? is it resolved?)
9. Do you wish to learn the art of inquiry? (a unique practice of focusing, intentional questioning, opening to something deeper than the every day) Does self-sourcing Truth interest you?
10. How do you wish to benefit by attending? Is your intention awakening? (consider this deeply)
11. The food is vegetarian organic. (dairy and eggs are included) Do you need special food?
12. Are you willing to follow guidelines, such as as maintaining silence between structured communication activities and our daily schedule of meals, sleep, walking, resting, silent
meditation and active inquiry?_______________
13. Do you snore? (If yes, you will need to reserve a private room.) ____________
14. Email address ____________________________________________________________
15. home address ___________________________________________________________
16. I have read this entire page, understand the policies and agree ____________
If you have questions send them via email. Also email to arrange a call with Pitaka if you wish. Emails are responded to the same day. The address is [email protected]
Your commitment to attend and agreement to willingly follow the schedule and guidelines for the benefit of all present, is essential. Please consider this commitment carefully. It is important to arrive on time and stay through the closing on Monday evening.
The cost for accommodations and meals is $600 for private and shared rooms. Private rooms are given on a first-come first-served basis. Airport pick up is included by advance request. You will be provided with a comfortable bed, towels, bedding, beverages, three meals per day and daily healthy snacks.
You will receive confirmation of your reserved space and receipt of payment via email, followed by a participant information letter including what to bring, trip planning, and a reminder about arrival/departure times. This will be emailed close to the event date.
There is limited space, and choice of rooms is limited. It is best to apply as early as possible.
After receipt of your reservation and holding a space for you, no refunds are given. This is prohibited by the cost of the whole building site rental and our limited space. If you need to cancel in the case of a medical emergency, your payment will be applied to a gift certificate to attend the following year.
This annual intensive is intended for anyone sincerely committed to enlightenment and liberation. Support is provided before and after each intensive for daily meditation practice, bringing awakening into life and aligning our way of being with our realization. Attending three to five intensives and establishing a daily meditation practice is recommended.